Thursday, April 15, 2010

Can i take a male saints name if i am a female for my confirmation name?

This year in confirmation i have to choose a saints name to take. i want to be a vet and the patron saint of animals and the environment is St Francis of Assisi. am i allowed to take that name? or does it have to be a girls name?

Can i take a male saints name if i am a female for my confirmation name?
You can choose a male saint's name, if you want. I know a female classmate who took that same name, and everyone was fine w/ it. I will suggest that you pick a saint because of what they did, though. But you can still pick him because of his love for animals . . . I'm just saying you should look at the work he did, too.
Reply:When I was confirmed I wanted so use the name Michael for St. Michael the Archangel and I just feminized it to Michaela and that was fine. You can use the feminine form of Francis, which is Frances, the only difference is the spelling.


No comments:

Post a Comment